Subway evicts Afghanistan vet

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RabidAlien

1st Lieutenant
Apr 27, 2008
Hurst, Texas
Suddenly, I'm not so hungry for Subway sandwiches anymore. :evil:

Soldier wins 2nd ruling in legal battle with Subway | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

Read somewhere else that Subway's whole defense was that he was behind on his rent; Lt. Col. Leon Batie Jr produced the bank statements proving that he had paid, and Subway had deposited the checks. I hope he gets the max he can squeeze out of them!

I'm goin to Firehouse Subs from now on (better food, anyway!)!!

Disgraceful behaviour on their part. Never really enjoyed Subway (used to get 20% which made a bit more worthwhile but still not really). There are much better brands out there and this is another reason to go to them.

Sticking up for people is a good thing, Messy. I got the same text in an email from Subway. You might just be right. It seems that the soldier claims that he has his cancelled checks, but I've not been able to find any confirmation.

Just trying to get all the facts in before making a judgment. If subway has done something like this illegally, I will gladly boycott their stores too. I did a quick search and found those two articles on the VA Watchdog website. We'll stay tuned and see what happens.

Last edited:
I hadn't seen anything that Subway had put out before I posted this. I do try to get both sides of a story, guys, really! Thanks for posting that, Messy! The story I'd heard, though, was that they had all of his bank statements proving that his checks had not bounced. Guess this is one of those tangled messes that will (hopefully) unravel itself in the future.

That being said, I still prefer Firehouse over Subway.

I read in one of the posts below the story in the first link that soemone typed that he had signed control of his business over to his brother or another family memeber to run while he was gone, and that is when the business started going donwhill.

Yeah, I'd heard he'd given his brother a General Power of Attorney, but that his brother hadn't made any mistakes or forgotten the rent or anything either. We'll just have to see what the outcome is and what all information is presented.

It just seems like something is missing, there is definitely something fishy going on here that has not come to light yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back