Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX Armament

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

avinoam549

Recruit
Jul 27, 2007
Hi.
Looking for pictures and drawings of the Mk.IX "E" wing armament:
1.Hispano Mk.II 20mm Cannon
2.Browning M-2 Machine Gun
3.British WWII 250LB GP Bomb
4.British 5" Rocket

Any help will be appreciated.

Here are a couple of posts after a quick look

Enjoy

Attachments

• IX.JPG
    IX.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 840
  • E wing.JPG
    E wing.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 823
  • spit.JPG
    spit.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 2,744
NIce, here a little more.

Close up to the gun feeder of a Mark IX from the polish Sqn 303, The hispano Mk-II cannon used a 20x110mm cartrigdes. 120 rounds per gun wree carried in the Spifire.

20mm1fi2.jpg

Thank you for your replies.
The Israeli Air Force Spitfires have been armed also with 80mm Oerlikon Air to Ground Rockets.
Can someone upload a picture or a drawing of this Rocket?
Avi

I'm new to the site and could use some help. I'm starting on a 1/32 Tamiya Spitfire MK IX. The kit has the C wing and I want to do one with the E wing. What I am looking for is a drawing of the ejctor port layout for the 20mm and 50 cal. guns If anybody has one I would appreciate it.
Thanks

In searching around the web I found what I was looking for and maybe these pictures will help some of the other guys.

Attachments

• cannon bay E wing.jpg
    cannon bay E wing.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 521
  • E wing armarment.jpg
    E wing armarment.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 664
  • Shell case ejection chutes E wing..jpg
    Shell case ejection chutes E wing..jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 493
So, if you use the 2x20mm and the 2x.50 cal, there are no .303s and the installation looks just like those in Post #8. In addition there are none of the little red squares covering the outer gun ports.

Is this correct?

(I'm making a model of a IXc and want a 2x20mm with 2x.50 cal.)

The MkIXc would have 2 x 20mm and 4 x .303. The MkIXe had the 2 x 20mm outboard, with the 2 x .50 cal Brownings inboard, without the .303 Brownings, therefore no dull red canvas patches outboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back