Sweet weather yesterday (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich

the old Sage
May 20, 2004
Platonic Sphere
Saturday was a great day for a Century ride with friends.

a few pics from one of the riders as I never carry a camera with me......I should though.

Back behind Appelgate and climbed and went into California for 2-3 miles

107 miles out and back from my little abode. 8)

wha me look at the camera.............nah

Attachments

• eagle.JPG
    eagle.JPG
    3.9 KB · Views: 208
  • snow_capped_peaks.JPG
    snow_capped_peaks.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 340
  • on_the_dam.JPG
    on_the_dam.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 258
  • looking_north.JPG
    looking_north.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 418
It was cool in the morn Joe. 37F and some fog for about 2 miles as we got to the south side of town. turned out to be around 69F and a head wind coming back the last 50 miles, the descent off the lake was great at 50mph at least for me riding my carbon Scythe.

great day

still waiting for the rest of the pics to arrive so I can further this thread.

Dan yeah man I use to braid it but it gave me such a stinkin headache even on short rides. Sometimes it's back in a pony tail but in this case with overcast skies got to protect the neck from the sun, I still ate a bug on the descents.... yummie, my legs are a bit red, sun-screen doesn't work sometimes for me

yee-haw

too bad the pic of the bald eagle came out so small and it is a bit fuzzy anyway the guy was just sitting watching us climb the 14 mile hill up to the lake.

Last edited:
Roachie

this is called a recumbent or I call it the lazy boyz bike, laid back literally. the group that I ride with on shorties are about 35 riders, more than half of them men/women ride recumbents, we probably have the most recumbent riders in southern Orygun/Northern California based in our area. they are really slow climbing hills but you cannot beat them on the descents they are low profile and do they fly. I know a guy who has a carbon recumbent with all the latest gadgets, the bike is in at over 12K US.

E ~ crap looks like rain no ride this morn .......... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back