T-28C Crashes at VIR

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aaron Brooks Wolters

Brigadier General
Jul 28, 2007
Abingdon, VA.
I don't know how to begin this so I will just give a quick overview of events.
My boss and I and a friend of his went to Virginia International Raceway for the day. He ran his car and I spent the day taking photos of the 80 participants on this track day. Had a great time. We were packing everything up in the trailer to come home and Richie and I heard this radial engine. So.........we look up and see this aircraft headed west across the north part of the track. It turns in the southerly direction and starts loosing altitude. When it disappears from sight we get kind of worried but can still hear it so we go on about our chores. Then I hear the aircraft coming back. It climbs above the tree tops and starts into a left roll climbing while doing so. When it gets belly up, it was like the pilot just pulled back on the stick and rode it into the hill alongside the backstretch of the racetrack.
It has just left me with a very somber and eerie feeling. If this post is inappropriate in any, I will not be upset if the mods remove it. I just felt like needed to share this. Prayers go out to the families and friends of the pilot and passenger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back