T-34 Mentor gathering, Palm Springs, March 18-20, 2011 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
Another fantastic fly-in took place over the weekend at Palm Springs. The March Flying Club now has 4 airplanes to fly (previously 3) and they were more than happy to show their stuff. We had 14 T-34s for the event. The storms coming in put a crimp on Sunday flying, but we managed to get three flights in on Saturday despite some moderate turbulence (Well, what I call moderate. I didn't get any bruises anyway).

psp2011_banner.jpg

I know some of you all have seen these from Facebook, but here are some samples for you non-FB types. :)

Friday arrivals
DSC_9432.jpg

Shiny object!
DSC_7751.jpg

Over the airport
DSC_7722.jpg

Bada-bing! Money shot!
DSC_7476.jpg

Excellent shots as always Eric!:thumbright: I have a small request though. If you don't mind, could you delete the first shot of the polished T-34 cause if Terry sees it I have a feeling I will be polishing a airplane.:lol:

Funny you should mention that, Aaron. He said he usually does it himself, but he hired a guy who spent over a week to get it that shiny. He used three different compounds/polishes. It paid off, he won "Best of show", as voted on by all of the visitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back