T34/76 Kursk armor GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

magnu

Staff Sergeant
Dec 11, 2007
Cornwall
Username Magnu
Name Lewis
Category Intermediate
Hobbycraft T34/76
Scale 1/48
Extras None

After seeing all the heavy metal going into this GB I fancied a change so this will be my entry into the GB
Aircraft104.jpg

Aircraft105.jpg

Aircraft113.jpg

Made a start on it tonight
Aircraft114.jpg

If anyone has any references for the T34 especially from Kursk and interior colours they will be gratefully received

Nice start Lewis. Amazon have a special offer on the DVD for the Battle of Kursk, at around £7 IIRC, and I found quite a few good interior shots on various web pages.
I've worked with a operational T34/85, which I thought was basic, but the earlier version wree even more rudimentary! The very spartan interior was basically white overall, with the turret crew standing on the ammo boxes!
Sorry, I didn't take a note of the web-site pages, but there were quite a few, of varying degrees of 'usefulness'. I just Googled T34 and T34 at Kursk, as I was looking for the Model 1943.

Couple of progress pics. Engine consisting of no less than 23 separate parts, Gearbox a mere 9 and Fan together. Still have to dirty up the interior which I will be doing as I go as I won't be able to get in there once it is all together.
Aircraft116.jpg

Aircraft115.jpg

Managed to get a bit more done today, lots of very fiddly painting and washes to get the right amount of dirt and grime onto parts that won't be seen once it's all together.
Aircraft118.jpg

Aircraft119.jpg

Aircraft120.jpg

Aircraft121.jpg

Aircraft122.jpg

Very nice work Lewis, and looks like a nice kit too. I hadn't realised there were so many detailed parts in the HB kits - good stuff for the small scale.

Cheers all I am enjoying the change of something completely different.
It is a very nice kit Terry no probs. so far with fit or alignment. Instructions are pretty good but rather sparse on the painting guide with only the odd part here and there referenced. It does feel sometimes like there are too many parts as I seem to spend ages gluing this bit to that to produce something rather small and insignificant

Managed to get a bit more done tonight. Engine, fan and gearbox in.
Aircraft124.jpg

Aircraft125.jpg

Air cleaners, exhaust, radiators and bulkheads in.
Aircraft127.jpg

Aircraft126.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back