TA-152 H1 sratchbuilt in 1:32 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fam43

Senior Airman
Feb 2, 2009
Southern Germany
Hii folks,
with Pacific Coasts TA-152 H at the horizon it's time for my scratchbuilt TA, which will be outdated soon.
In 1979 I started to scratchbuild a quarterscale version, which never made it.

That's all what is left.

post-6446-1236242761.jpg

In 2005 I started a new attack on the Tank- fighter.

It was planned to use Hasegawas multimedia D9 and the old Revell D9. Misfortune struck during the process and I had to add the wings of the new tooled Revell D9 too.

3337336234343634.jpg

I started sawing off the tail of the mulimedia D9 and replacing it with the surplus large tail of the new tooled D9. There were some discrepancies in width. The large tail had to be shimmed in order to make it alittle broader at the joint. Next came the front part which I lengthened with parts of the old Dora.

3364333966636139.jpg

6464376261316662.jpg

Time for getting a nap. See you later.

Last edited:
Geez...I like it. I mean the model surgery. :p

I'm looking forward to more pics.

see you...

But now a little bit seriously, Have you noticed the way which Fam43 used to put these two parts of a fuselage together? I mean these white plastic plates.It is not too bad way but I think it would be batter if he used my way of cutting a fuselage with these "stairs".Why, you can ask.Because the way provides much longer line of gluing and makes the join steady.Also using the way of making something longer or putting two separate parts together we can avoid these inner additional enhancements of the join that we can see in the pic above. It is important if we want to make the interior of a cockpit.

Last edited:
Great advice Wojtek, and very logical. I'm going to have to do some relatively minor surgery to make the Spit XIV out of the Spit Mk V and Mk22, so I'll send you the off-cuts - maybe you could make a 1/72nd scale FW190 out of them! He He!

The cowl is interim. It's the cowl of the old Revell Dora. I discarded all metalparts of the mulrmedia kit, except the undercarriage and the prop. I'd better used the fotoedged instrument panel but helas I was overconfident building my own.
The prop later was discarded too because the beast developed overweight. Too much for the metalundercarriage.

3436396231613662.jpg

After building new weaponsdeck-bulges and some sanding and scribing it looked as you see.

3735633763386238.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back