Ta 152C in Papagei squadron?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

stevebrauning

Recruit
May 27, 2011
Does anyone know of solid basis for this deployment: Ta152C aircraft flying airfield protection for Me262s and painted with what was called the "Papagei" squadron colors?
Steve

Steve, there has never been any mention of Ta152C's being deployed to Me262 protection, we would surely know about it via Jerry Crandall.
.....oh and forgive me also by our own Erich, here on the forum.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of solid basis for this deployment: Ta152C aircraft flying airfield protection for Me262s and painted with what was called the "Papagei" squadron colors?
Steve

No,and I'd be amazed to find it! As intimated in post #4 above this has been thoroughly researched.
Steve

from some old files I have stored at least 2 C variants in pieces were rebuilt and used by JG 301, in fact stored C's were used for replacement parts of damaged H variants

from some old files I have stored at least 2 C variants in pieces were rebuilt and used by JG 301, in fact stored C's were used for replacement parts of damaged H variants

Interesting Erich,I was unaware that JG 301 actually flew a couple of the sub-type.

The Platzschutzstaffel of JV 44 certainly didn't as far as anyone knows.

Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back