Take a Flight in a ME-262

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

syscom3

Pacific Historian
Jun 4, 2005
Orange County, CA
Me-262 Program - The Collings Foundation

The Collings Foundation is pleased to annouce an opportunity of historical proportions! Private individuals can now be a part of the world renowned Messerschmitt ME-262 Flight Program! From the best possible vantage point, the cockpit, participants will take to the skies in this legendary aircraft. This is a once in a lifetime chance fo pilots to fully experience the aircraft that made history as the first fighter jet and one of the most important aircraft of WWII. For the first time ever, The Collings Foundation is offering tax-deductible donor positions. Only contributors to the ME-262 project will receive flights. This is an extremely rare opportunity to take an active part in the operation of the most feared aircraft of WWII. This aircraft is recreated to exacting standards from an original ME-262 trainer. The ME-262 carries a continuation of the original work numbers assigned with updated engines and safety equipment. Flight Operations Director, Mr. Rob Collings explained, "the ME-262 embodies all the characteristics expected of an aircraft that changed aerial combat forever. The mere sight of the ME-262 struck fear in the hearts of all Army Air Corps aircrew that saw it in the sky; it was just so far ahead of its time! Never before has anyone had a chance to fly this legend and now they do!"

For additonal information please contact:

Rob Collings (617) 510-5237

I have a feeling one will have to be saving up a pretty sum to go there..

This is one of the five or six Me 262's built by the Collings Foundation's Messerschmitt Me 262 Project; they were hand-built using an original Me 262 as an example (an Me 262B-1a that was on display at Willow Grove Naval Air Station). The new-build Me 262's are almost identical to the original, with the exception of a strengthened front landing gear strut (one of the 262's weakest areas), GE J-85 engines in place of the old Jumo 004's, and, of course, the requisite safety equipment required by the FAA. Anybody interested in the details of the new aircraft and where they are now can go here:

STORMBIRDS presents the Me 262 Project

Users who are viewing this thread

Back