Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito Mk.VI

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Going to start this one very soon.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

I purchased A/M decals to build this Mossie as a 404 Sqdn. RCAF Costal Command bird.

IMG_0017.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff::)

I hear that is a damned nice kit. I love the Mossie and have that one with a ton of aftermarket stuff as well as Airfix's 1/24 Mossie on the shelf. I am gonna dig into one of them over the summer.

This kit is modelers dream as almost all other TAMIYA, so you will have lot of fun with it!
Rest of us will wait for your posts...
Good luck....and enjoy
BR

I have this kit sitting in my stash!
Look forward to seeing your progress!

Ordered a set of 100 gallon drop tanks for this bird as they were pretty much SOP for Coastal Command birds from what I can see. Installing the tanks will reduce the RP load from 8 to 4 but I think they will look pretty cool.

I have started, got the wheels painted yesterday, not much but a start.

Cheers,

Jeff

Been plucking away and have, for the most part completed the cockpit. The photos clearly show where a couple of touch ups need to be and lots will be hidden when enclosed in the fuselage. Was not too worried about the guns as the hatches will be closed when the model is completed. I know that I didn't follow the Tamiya interior colour chart but I wanted a bit of contrast in the cockpit.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff

Looking good - a bit strange in Interior Green, but still nice. One thing though, the radio receiver is mounted on its side - that's the larger one of the two, and what looks like the night fighter radar monitor, on the starboard side, should not be fitted to a FBVI. If fitted to a night fighter, it should be at eye level on the panel, the part currently bare green, to the right of the main instrument panel.

Looking good - a bit strange in Interior Green, but still nice. One thing though, the radio receiver is mounted on its side - that's the larger one of the two, and what looks like the night fighter radar monitor, on the starboard side, should not be fitted to a FBVI. If fitted to a night fighter, it should be at eye level on the panel, the part currently bare green, to the right of the main instrument panel.

The unit mounted to the starboard side is listed as the receiver( piece A20), there is yet another separate piece(G11) that is the radar receiver and has not been attached. The larger of the two pieces you refer to is listed as the transmitter(piece A19) and is fitted as shown as there is a tab in the bottom front edge that fits neatly into a slot on the decking.

Cheers,

Jeff

Nice Jeff. I purchased a P.E. set made for Tamiya but I'm going to try hammer into the Monogram kit. It won't be up to the standard of this kit but for what will be seen....will definitely be following the build.

Geo

Mu apologies Jeff - I should have typed transmitter, the larger unit being the T1154. It must be the way the painting shows up, as it looked like it was on its side. I've attached a pic of what it looks like in a Lancaster.
The unit I mentioned as the radar, is what appears to be the radar display monitor, mounted on your model on top of the parachute stowage rack, on which the navigator's feet would often rest, arrowed in red the photo attached. This would not be fitted to the FBVI, and is intended for the NFII alternative in the kit, and should be mounted where the white arrow shows.

Attachments

• Can Jan 722.jpg
    Can Jan 722.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Mossie model cpit.jpg
    Mossie model cpit.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 179

Users who are viewing this thread

Back