Tamiya 1/72 Spitfire I (looks odd) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SirFrancis

Airman 1st Class
Feb 10, 2022
Hey people,

Was looking at getting a Spitfire I or II and I saw this Tamiya kit for a decent price at local model shop. But I can't work out what's going on with the wings on the box art. Where are the 8 machine guns?
I don't know if this is a photo of the actual model. Does anyone have this kit or know what the story is?

cheers

Attachments

• Spit  1.jpg
    Spit 1.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 46
8 guns

The instructions I posted above for the kit reflect this as well

Oh I looked at part 7 which didnt show the other guns, only the 4 with muzzle extenders. So I wonder if the kit has holes for those other guns since the box art and the cover page of instructions doesn't show them at all.

Attachments

• Spit inst.jpg
    Spit inst.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 20
....or add gun patch

Ok thanks guys. I did add patches on a Mark IX years ago. Prob better than stuffing up the drilling job.

There should be the two holes made, The correct MG panels on the wing tops and undersides were marked. But if these aren't there that's not a problem. These can be drilled by you.
Ahh, ok strange omission .... hmmm

cheers

Actually in these pics the DW-O looks like being unarmed.

Spit1_DW-O.jpg

Two links ... to Andy's model ...

I'm sure there were the patches stuck. But even with a maginfying glass it is quite difficult to notice that. The DW-K flying next to the Spit had them more visible,

Spit_3 DW-K.jpg

So it appears at some point the protruding muzzle extensions were deleted. As I don't recall seeing them before they must not have been common
Also on the model it looks like the outermost gun has part of the leading edge cut around it. I wonder if that is accurate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back