Tamya's 1/100th BAC Lightning build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ian lanc

Senior Airman
Sep 30, 2007
mansfield, nottinghamshire
Well guys the Lightning is the tiny Tamiya 1/100th F6 and i've just encountered a slight problem with it :| The decals are totally ruined and they showed no sign of damp damage but when i put them in the water and they started to lift off they broke into hundreds of bits :(

I was going to make it as the Binbrook version which is the box art.

So i'll finish off everything i can do with it then put it away while i do a search for some replacement decals though i think its going to be a little hard to find 1/100 scale Lightning decals.

This kit can be built as two versions only and can be displayed wheels up or wheels down.

I did have more pictures but i deleted several by mistake :oops:

lightningbuild004.gif

Box art.

lightningbuild001.gif

You have to fit the over wing fuel tanks as there are big cut outs for them, which is a shame really because i think a Lightning with these tanks fitted looks very odd indeed and seems an after thought.

lightningbuild002.gif

This kit actually goes together quite well, though there is a fit issue with the rear fins.

lightningbuild003.gif

The missiles are to be painted white, the silver went on first because the missiles where black and covering white over black would spoil them as it would need at least three coats of white to hide the black,The seat is very bland at this scale too and no pilot is included with the kit so its either make a little man or leave it as it is !

lightningbuild005.gif

Nice stand looks better than most old airfix ones :!:

I've just about finished the little Lightning and the only way i'll get some decals for it is by buying anouther kit so i've ordered a new kit from China for £5 and that includes the postage :mrgreen:
These little Tamiya Lightnings are a joy to build and take a break from the norm'. Heres whats been done til' date.

davidsbmx002.gif

I used Tamiya masking tape for all the walkway lines a little difficult doing this by hand.

Lancbuild002-1.gif

Finished walkway lines.

iansbuilds003.gif

Canopy was also masked up to get the neatest lines i could do.

My new kit arrived yesterday so it won't be long before its finished and i've done a kit review of this nice little model

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/mo...-100th-bac-lightning-f6-23383.html#post639099

ian.

It very nice Ian personally the Lightning is my favroite jet powered aircraft. Plus it is nice to see a MK.6 Kit where the paint job is silver rather then the others I have come across which are two tone grey or Grey and Green camo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back