Task Force Wies ?????

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dutchman

Airman
Jul 6, 2013
I'm looking for information on this military force. It was in Europe in between late 44 and March of 45.
I can't tell what units were involved or even what their mission was. I found mention of this in my Dad's papers. He's long passed away and I'm trying to fill in a few blanks. I know it's a long shot, but if you have any info, let me know.

Is it possible that Wies could be a misspelling? could it perhaps be Wise or Wiess or similar? Task Forces were often named after who led them.

I guess a misspelling is possible, but it was printed clearly and the first letters were larger and penned over more then once. It's like he had plenty of time and was "doodling" with it. He dated it March 1945. I guess I should ask if the initials TFW would mean anything?
It would have involved elements of the 131 AAA Battalion. That's for sure and may have included elements from the 103 AAA Battaliton. I say that because the old man picked up names and address of men in these units as well as in the hospital while he was on the mend. (Shrapnel in the leg). He picked up a few names and address from England during this time. There is a reference to XX Corp. Arty.

I'm trying to piece this all together, likely never will, but i'll try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back