TBM Avenger Question for Wayne, Wojtek, and the experten

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

plheure2

Senior Airman
Nov 9, 2009
Massachusetts, USA
Hi guys:

I'm about to start the quarter scale Accurate Miniatures TBM-5 Avenger, and I want to paint it in an Atlantic scheme of gray and white. My question is: What would be the authentic interior color? Some people I've talked to say a bronze green, others go with interior green. What do you think is correct? Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, what carriers did Avengers operate from in the Atlantic to hunt the U-boats?

Much thanks,

Pete

Do you mean TBM-3 Avanger ( not TBM-5 ) like that one below?

3_117.jpg

I think the bronze-green colour is correct as well. The same effect you can achieve when using a brown wash over the interior green. So we should speak about a kind of an olive-green colour rather.

Last edited:
Yes, woops, I meant the Dash 3, sorry! :oops: That verifies it, then. I have some Humbrol bronze green enamel that will go nicely. Thanks a bunch, Wojtek!

Interior colours would depend on the factory which produced the airframe. One factory used different colours in different areas of the interior, and the other factory used an entirely different paint colour.. My thread on the FAA Avenger in the PTO Group Build might help a bit, as I think I mention these colours somewhere there. If not, let me know, and I'll find the info.

Interior colours would depend on the factory which produced the airframe. One factory used different colours in different areas of the interior, and the other factory used an entirely different paint colour.. My thread on the FAA Avenger in the PTO Group Build might help a bit, as I think I mention these colours somewhere there. If not, let me know, and I'll find the info.

Would you mind rehashing this for me, Terry? Much thanks! 8)

Thanks again to you all for the help. I think I'll be all set now. Once the build commences, I'll post pictures of my progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back