Tea and Coffee....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My usual when I'm at home:

Ground immediately before brewing, and made strong.

I had to laugh reading Trent Hone's study of Nimitz's leadership. At one point he talks about Spruance's coffee being so strong that most couldn't drink it. That just makes me like Spruance all the more.

A few questions here. My go-to drink every day is coffee but I love a good tea in the evening. Now that being said both should be dark: dark roast or black teas. But here is one question: How do you brew? I have been using K-cups the last few years including those for tea. I love a nice Earl Grey. As for coffee, I have trying all kinds. Been getting sample boxes off Amazon with 40 to 80 cups inside. Seattle, Hawaiian, Australian Dingo Dung. But the best tasting for me has been the cheapo Aldi brand at the local Aldi store. Its called Midnight Blend and can float a horseshoe! My kinda coffee.

A few questions here. My go-to drink every day is coffee but I love a good tea in the evening. Now that being said both should be dark: dark roast or black teas. But here is one question: How do you brew? I have been using K-cups the last few years including those for tea. I love a nice Earl Grey. As for coffee, I have trying all kinds. Been getting sample boxes off Amazon with 40 to 80 cups inside. Seattle, Hawaiian, Australian Dingo Dung. But the best tasting for me has been the cheapo Aldi brand at the local Aldi store. Its called Midnight Blend and can float a horseshoe! My kinda coffee.
A friend of mine uses reusable K-cups for their coffee.

They also buy their own fresh coffee beans and roast them, too.

Just to throw in another coffee, the coffee in cajun country south and west of New Orleans is one of a kind. The so called cajun coffee served in New Orleans restaurants is not the same. Once while servicing equipment in the records room at the Terrebonne Parish Sheriff's office, Audrey, the the records office boss said, "Ed, you need some coffee! They just made it fresh in the radio room." The coffee closely resembles used motor oil, both in color and consistency. Served in small cups, less than 4 ounces, one dose perked me up for the rest of the day. Supercharged!

An off thread comment about service calls to The Sheriff's office in Houma, Louisiana, above. One afternoon when I checked in with our dispatcher, she gave the calls as usual by company calling, machine type and problem. At the end of the list she said, "And Audrey Painter called."
"Which machine is she having trouble with?"
"I don't know."
"What kind of trouble?"
"I don't know."
"How do you know it was Audrey?"
Our dispatcher said, "Ed, I answered the phone and a woman's voice said, "Tell Ed to get his ass to Houma" so who else could it be but Audrey?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back