Telephone scams.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep. Daft thing is, the only 'accident' I've had, was about 20 years ago, when driving my (then) wife's car. Someone 'T-boned' me as I was turning. Their fault, and the insurance company paid out, including personal injury.
The 'delayed flight' one really got me though!
I wonder if they meant a C-130 being ten seconds late over the DZ ..............................

Gumbyk, count yourself lucky. It was not credt card linked. Somehow they had his bank account number and routing number. Attitude was "Well how did they get them if not from you?"

I'd just walk away from the bank if they won't close the account. Serve them with a letter stating that you want to close the account, and will not be liable for any further account fees. They'd have a pretty hard time charging you any further bank fees if they won't (as opposed to can't) close the account after you request it.

Next time I'll try this: "Thank you for calling the National Security Agency, location The Netherlands. Please wait while our computer tracks your position. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back