Terry you gotta build this (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
your next kit Terry :shock: :lol: 8)

Attachments

• Projectfox.jpg
    Projectfox.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 167
Who said that the Wildcat's UGLY?? Teeerrryyyy....! Shame on you sport! Now Karl will get one more pint than you....:lol:

Have you started building this yet?

Nah na na nah nah! Don't care, tis ugly, more so than an ugly duckling. Might have done some good service, with courageous pilots, but the designer needed his ar*e kicking. I mean, fat little belly, wing in the wrong place, undercart designed to tip over. Looks like it was designed by a committee, probably former politicians!

That's running a close fourth or fifth. There are other, uglier British aircraft from the period. Skua, Roc, Botha, and probably more, but can't think of them at the moment.

I love the 'name' made by the code and roundels, and if it was (almost) any other aircraft, I'd do it. But there's no way I can bring myself to build something that has less visual appeal than a Trabant! I'd even find football more interesting! The bl**dy thing looks like that awful 1970's Jaguar, the XJS(?), a collection of afterthoughts, all stuck together - maybe that's what inspired the French to design and build the 2CV?
I can see the committee now:-
Fred "So, who's finished drawing the fuselage?"
Bill "Jim's got a bit done, and George has done another bit."
Fred "OK, stick them together and that's that bit done. What about a wing?"
Jim "There's one left over from last months committee meeting."
Fred "That'll do."
George "Where we going to put the wheels then?"
All "Oh, b*ll*cks!"
"Hang on" piped up Moira "There's a couple of golf carts out back."
To be continued.......if there's any more mention of me doing THAT monstrosity!!

Nope. Avenger isn't particularly attractive either, though not as bad as the Wildcat, from the same stable. Only reason I chose an Avenger for the GB was because I knew there'd be a shed load of Corsairs, Hellcats and so on, and I wanted something a bit different.
I was going to do another ugly aircraft, but couldn't get the kit in 1/48th anymore, just missed it by a week, all sold out. It was going to be a little diorama of a rescue at sea, featuring a Walrus......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back