Texting whilst driving: Town car vs truck (graphic)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Colin1

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 2, 2009
United Kingdom
A guy who wandered over the centre line whilst texting

Attachments

• cc1.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 2,336
  • cc2.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,470
  • cc3.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 1,362
  • cc4.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 1,556
  • cc5.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 4,456
Agree guys....

Texting and/ or using cell phones while driving is pretty dangerous stuff. I drive 150 miles a day and you should see the crap I have seen with regards to people texting and using cell phones.

Texting is bad enough, but I really hate it when I see people reading the newspaper on the road. Once saw a guy in a delivery van ready what appered to be a paperback novel in rush hour traffic!!! Speed varied from 15-45 MPH up and down for several miles. I watched this moron reading his book for a few miles, when I finally got out the cell phone and called the companies phone number listed on the back of the van.
Called the company and asked if it was company policy for thier drivers to read books while on the road, receptionist asked me to repeat myself, so I did and gave her the truck ID #. Hope that joker got canned immediately upon return to his workplace, but I suspect nothing ever came of it?
Killing yourself due to stupidity is one thing, but putting many others in danger just makes me mad.

Yea I,ve seen some stupid stuff too!!!! but i think they should put a law on the books ,no cell phones , I pods allowed while driving, don,t matter if you want too kill yourself while you drive and text, but i dont want too go that way , I,ll stick too my dream death and thats a beer in one hand and a women on top !!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a good death ! YEEPHEEEEEEEE

damnit, i wanna see it!

Not me, I've been torn to shreds in a couple major car accidents so I don't need to see others. On occasion when I drive past a nastly looking accident or actually see a accident victim on the side of the road I get the shakes and anxiety attack so bad that I have to pull to the side of the road and take a breather.

I understand the need for cellphones while driving, but I'm also 100% for the hands-free laws that are trying to be passed. Wear a headset! As for texting, that should be an immediate suspension of license for x number of days, right up there with DUI's. As said before, if you want to kill yourself utilizing a motor vehicle weighing upwards of a couple of tons, filled with thousands of moving parts and up to 20 gallons of highly combustible liquids.....go out in the desert and do it. I lose all sympathy for someone who takes someone else with them just because they were stupid. Text when you get to your destination (or a red friggin light!). Give your keys to the bartender. It just makes sense.

Yup its as bad as drink driving or being generally wreckless. Yet I see so many people do those things mentioned. I think the worst I've seen was a lady driving her 4x4 at say 100km/h while eating a bowl of cereal with both hands. Its just beggars belief what goes through some of these peoples heads, my guess is not a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back