Thanks you for all the good wishes, Connie has been laid to rest

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
Firstly, thank you each and everyone for your condolences and wishes. The number of them was surprising, each of them means a lot to us.

Annie's mum has been laid to rest, last Tuesday afternoon, she was 87. Many people were there, family and friends, some from her childhood. It's been hard on Annie. For the last 13 years she has spent every Saturday with her, the only break being when we took our own vacations. For the last year Connie had been suffering after finally being diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis, she had a cough for years but left it unattended. Nine months ago she was on oxygen at home from a small tank, about 1.5 litres a minute. 6 months ago it was raised to 3.5 per minute and had to have a machine at home, the machine was near capacity. Three weeks ago she was admitted to the hospital as she could not get around even walking 15 feet without sitting down to recover. Annie had been visiting her after work, teaching grade three, all but two nights per week, Thursdays and Sunday. Annie was with her every evening at the hospital and the oxygen was increased to 6 litres per minute. She was struggling with her breathing and it was quite distressing for all. I missed being able to visit the first couple of weeks with a nasal infection and Annie had to go it alone. Connie had many visitors thru the day the whole time, close friends, their children and some of their grand children. I was able to accompany Annie the last couple of days. Connie never quite cottoned to me, Annie is 23 years younger, I was the Dirty Old Man, but I think she was glad I was there supporting my Annie. The last day Annie went in from school mid day as she received a call from her doctor, it was not looking good. Annie's brother was called and told to come up to Sydney from Melbourne, it was looking serious. I went by train to the hospital to be there, all her visitors that day expected to be visiting the next day. Connie had been removed from all the monitoring equipment by this time, it was obvious, and no heroic efforts were on order. About 6.30 the struggle to breath was heartbreaking, at 6.45 she took her last agonising breath. Ian was to arrive at the airport in another 20 minutes. Annie and I were with her, it was pretty tough to experience. We are lucky the school holidays start next week, and Annie and I will have some time to ourselves to get out of town. It's not totally over, now it's the house and belongings. Life goes on.

Again thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Annie-n-Bill

So sorry about Connie's struggle and hope everyone can have peace and begin the healing process soon.

Annie, sorry for the loss of your mother. As one that has been through that heartbreak, I feel for you. You are in my prayers!

I am much impressed with your so faithful manner, Bill, by letting us know how it was soon when you are still busy and probably much tired.
It is not hard for me to imagine that Connie would not have worried anything about her daughter who married a reliable man like you.
Please accept my sincere condolences for you and your family.

With all here Bill...
I take my hat off to Annie for her unrelenting support to her mother like that, Connie must have been extremely proud and grateful to have such a loving and devoted daughter.
Full credit to you too Bill for what must have been a very trying time for everyone.
RIP Connie, and our thoughts and prayers for you guys and the rest of the family.

Nice little narrative Bill and our heartfelt condolences to you and Annie a lass who was obviously devoted to her Mum. Give her a hug from us Bill as I'm sure she needs all the comfort she can get at the moment.

Were both thinking of you.

Vic n Hill

My sincere thoughts and wishes to Annie, yourself families Bill, here's to pains gone and old friends reunited with her as she was, in whichever place she thought of as her heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back