Thanksgiving... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
A bit early maybe...

Thankful for the greatest parents anyone could ever ask for, they're not just my parents, but also my best friends...
Thankful to have met my adopted sisters...kept me out of trouble many times, if we haven't ended up in it all together! he he
Thankful to have had the good fortune to have met the greatest bunch of characters and misfits, you guys, which I'm ever so proud to call friends!
Thankful to still have my health...
Thankful to have my job, even if it's a right pain in the neck sometimes...

I hope that when the holiday kick in, that you'll spend a great weekend with loved ones...

Oh man, do I miss Thanksgiving.... you couldn't find a 20 pound turkey here if your life depended on it. Most have never had pumpkin pie and I makem from scratch, fresh homemade cranberry sauce, turkey stuffing, and "who ever heard of sweet potatoes and marshmallows??????

Christmas stuff on the shelves already!

Ah yes, the season of gluttony is upon us. We usually have Thanksgiving at my wife's aunt's house, but she has decided to stop doing it. So it looks like it will be just be the missus and the kids with me this year. Although we may adopt a local military member to come spend thanksgiving with us so that they can have a nice family meal.

I make turkey with all the usual stuff several times a year. My wife works at a grocery store, and she ends up working every year, so sometimes I just go down there to watch the people scramble for those last minute items. Me and the dogs will probably have our traditional Chilli burgers, or possibly Spaghetti and meatballs. (they love both)
Anyways my thanks go to the Adminisrators and Moderators of this site, far and away the best I have ever seen!
The rest of you guys,(and Maria)...well, you are great too.

Ah yes, the season of gluttony is upon us. We usually have Thanksgiving at my wife's aunt's house, but she has decided to stop doing it. So it looks like it will be just be the missus and the kids with me this year. Although we may adopt a local military member to come spend thanksgiving with us so that they can have a nice family meal.

That's probably one of the coolest things a human being can do during that season. I remember my own military days, eating Thanksgiving dinner in the mess hall (can turkey really be cold and runny at the same time? Is this even allowed by the laws of physics???), and the occasions I was invited over for a home-cooked meal and/or holiday spread. Awesome, dude!

My favorite holiday.

I am grateful for a lot of things, but I will be honest, I love the good food and the fact that I can eat as much as I want and no one thinks anything about it! :lol:

Just me and the wife this year. Normally we have about 20 people over, but this year it is just us. We will be heading up to a friends cabin in Wisconsin though. They are not there, as they are out of country. Beautiful log cabin up in the woods with a nice fire place.

We will be smoking a turkey this. I am doing a practice run today, smoking one to make sure it comes out all right. I brined it all last night in a salt and spice solution. For thanksgiving we have ordered a fresh free range roaming Turkey.

My menu is shaping out to be:

Deviled Eggs
Shrimp Cocktail
Smoked Turkey
Brown Sugar and Mustard glazed Ham
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Rolls
Mac and Cheese
Giblet Gravy
Dutch Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie

This is all for just two people. I know...:lol:

Although we may adopt a local military member to come spend thanksgiving with us so that they can have a nice family meal.

When I was in the Army, I always had as many single Soldiers over at my house for my Thanksgiving. My philosophy was that they should never spend a holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas alone in the barracks. As soldiers we were an extended family, and they were welcome in my house for the holidays as family. I averaged upwards or 10 to 15 soldiers at my house for Thanksgiving.

After I got out of the Army, I continued the tradition, and would still invite the soldiers over for Thanksgiving.

Lots of cooking and hard work (we averaged two 25 to 27 pound turkeys and two 15 to 20 lb hams every year), but always worth it. I would love to do it again, and will do it someday.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back