The airplanes we desire.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
hey fellas. I thought I'd start a thread for us telling the real life airplanes we want in 3 categories fantasy, realistic fantasy, and realistic.

Realistic: meaning a plane that we realistically could own. for example. GA or light sport planes
Fantasy Realistic: meaning a plane that could be a little out there, but still a realistic obtainability
Fantasy: a plane that is way out there and you'd never get unless you won the lottery. the sky's the limit (pun intended :big6:)

mine would be:
Realistic: Piper Cherokee/Warrior/Archer
Fantasy Realistic: DeHavilland Beaver
Fantasy: Lockheed Constellation (Specifically Pima Air and Space Museum's C-69 Constellation. the only one in the world)

Realistic: Piper anything (except Tomahawk) or any number of open cockpit bi-planes
Fantasy Realistic: Douglas Dauntless
Fantasy: S-3 Viking or OV-10 Bronco

De-Lux Fantasy: Northrop XB-35 Flying Wing

Last edited:
Piper Cub or Cherokee probably. Perhaps a Stampe SV4, and a P-51D, with second seat and luggage bays were the guns and ammo would be. Why a Mustang rather than a Spitfire? Simple, even with a second seat, it would still look the same externally ...

Realistic: Piper Cub with Alaskan adventure wheels and STOL kit
Fantasy realistic: Cessna 172 with Honeywell Epic avionics
Fantasy: Martin PBM Mariner [Bahamas here I come]

I can't afford any plane, but if I could pick two.... Hmmmmmmm

1. F4U Corsair. No brainer for me to pick this one. Best plane produced EVER!!!! :love4:
2. Fw-190. The Butcher Bird just looks like it wants to kick your butt.

Haha..nope

images (2).jpg

One of these, affordable, open air fun.
Brilliant
Cheers
John

Realistic: Noorduyn Norseman
Fantasy realistic: Grumman Goose.
Fantasy: PBY-5A Catalina or, Lockheed Super Constellation or, Boeing 377 Stratocruiser....

I figured, that if I'm that rich that I can afford and fly these, I'm in no rush and people can bloody wait for me! :lol:

Right, where do you want to go next guys?

PS. Is there room for JV44's Fw 190D-9 'Red 13'? ;) :lol:

I could not afford any aircraft - unless you count scale models?
But given a free shot.
Gloster Gladiator.
F4U Corsair.
Spitfire - any Mk.

Can see for my inner eye, or whatyacallit, people tooling with Cessna's, Piper's and whatever and I roll out my spanking new JV44 Fw 190D-9 'Red 13', of course with a proper engine, no Merlin etc....for a wee flight after work on a sunny Friday afternoon, life would have been good! :lol:

Btw, times like this, how do you do with the cross on the tail, are you allowed it, does it make a difference if it's an historical and restored airframe or a newly built one?

Realistic: Cessna 182
Semi-Realistic:p-40 Warhawk
Fantasy: F-22 Raptor, seriously, who doesn't want one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back