The Best Assault Rifle. (1 Viewer)

Which One the

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just out of nowhere, and loving assault rifles (even though the discussion seems to have been more about toes haha) i would go with the AK-47. I like the bigger round than the M-16, and the reliability and longevity of the weapon in amazing. The vietnam war showed how good the weapon was. The enemy could wait in water, mud, rain and anything you could throw at it and it worked every time. US navy seals often carried them on special operations due to the bigger round, reliability, and availability og ammuntion you could capture from the enemy. My cousing was a SEAL and he used the AK-47 on several occasions, and said that he wished the american marines would switch to it, jokingly of course, knowing no such thing would happen. He was told though, when he tried to carry one, supporting a large group of american soldiers he couldnt carry one, becase the destinctive sound would draw american fire. Many were found in Somalia, when the americans went there, and anything that can work in a country like that, be fired, reliably and hold up in conditions where people have no formal education and are ruled by factions is a stunning piece of machinery. Deffinatly the -47 with me.

Yea NS, at close quarter combat, the stopping/knockback power of the AK works wonders....

In a certain place in South America, we were almost overrun... I say almost, because the firepower we were carrying was the only thing that made the difference... I got a little boo boo from this engagement, and if I had been using a smaller caliber weap, I would have had 5 bad guys in a small hole with me....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back