The Best Assault Rifle. (1 Viewer)

Which One the

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I like the SA80 personally, but the ak47 has been proved as one of the most reliable, popular, powerful and mass produced rifle Ever, well, assault rifle. it is also the most reliable and combat proven of the lot. it deserves to have the title

Certainly above the SA-80, which is crap.

Not enough for it to be even considered a decent assault rifle, alongside the AK-47.

I've fired AK-47s, M-16s and M-14s. Although heavy, I like the M-14 although the AK was a close second - I did feel the M-16 was more accurate.

FBJ this is why I don't challenge your judgement.

AK in ANY dirty condition. M-16 for accuracy. M-14 for both.

God I love my avatar.

We practiced all the time Matt.... Once an Operator gets settled with his preferred load out, u stick with what works.... The Teams were a testbed for many diferent weapons designs...

As for non-NATO weaponry, we were constantly acclimating ourselves with what was out there and what we would possible run into out in the field...

don't disagree with either of your posts, Les. I too said AK. But M-14 is my favorite for looks, operation, stopping power. I think I was the first guy to admit that I would not want to schlepp anything but the lightest weapon with the biggest punch anywhere. I'm lazy by nature. And a pound, let alone 4 or 5lbs, makes a HUGE difference over the course of a day.

I have used the ACOG. We had it mounted to our M-4s. I liked the ACOG better than the SUSAT. The ACOG was a bitch to sight in in my opinion but once it was sighted in it took all the fun away from aiming.

As for EOTech, I have not used that one at all.

I didn't have problems sighting in the ACOG. Were you unable to adjust for windage and elevation and had to shim the sight? If so, sounds like a mounting problem on the rifle. I have to admit, mine virtually fell in.

The main problem we had was this, our Armourer was stupid and mounted the sight too far foward and the sight rail. Once that was figured out, it was pretty quick to sight in.

Ah. That would explain it. You mount that thing to far forward and you lose your sight picture. The eye relief on the ACOG is not infinite by any stretch of the imagination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back