The Best Biplane Fighter of WW2

Best Biplane Fighter of WW2?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Only just

Heres some info on the Falco:

www.comandosupremo.com

mosquitoman said:
Gladiator- Faith, Hope and Charity kept the Italian bombers at Malta a hard time, modern bombers being shot down by obsolescent biplanes

myth

There was no Sea Gladiators named Faith, Hope and Charity as this was the appelations given to them by a reporter in a Maltese newspaper some months afterwards. Even the one on display as Faith shows no evidence of ever being flown. The plaque says N5520 which was lost on June 26. Faith is said to be N5519 by some sources but this was lost on June 24.

When #80 and #112 went to Greece with their Glads, they were opposed by the 363*, 364* and 365* in Greece and the 150 Gruppo in Albania with CD42s. Nether a/c dominated the other.

In Sweden we had both the CR 42 and the Gladiator in service during before and under the wartime and I remember that there was one former Gladiator-pilot who had a comment of the Gladiator's. He says that the only useful a Gladiator could do was to shot down a CR 42.

my god, ther's only one possible answer THE BEST BIPLANE is the I-15.
Even german Bf-109 pilots in spain looked like this when another I-15 escaped their cannon because of their tight turning

Tight rolling, you mean. The I-15 wasn't an amazing tight turner, but the roll was amazing as most Bi-planes have good roll rates. The I-15s fell easy prey to 109s.

unlike I-16s..............

and playing PF at CC's place, i was in that gladiator that isn't a gladiator it was produced by annother country or summit, i was shot down (well i ejected) by a CR.42 which then went on to shoot down a ace Bf-109

If I'm flying the I-16s, the 109s don't stand a chance. My first two kills were 109E4s on AEP. And it just went up and up from there, until I got injured and after a short stint in a P-40 was injured again and put in a La-5.

Here's some nice pictures of the Cr.42:

Attachments

• cr42_1_174.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 6,411
  • cr42_2_322.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 6,359
  • cr42_3_145.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 6,553

Users who are viewing this thread