Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Jim Clark

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Damon Hill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Watanbe

Senior Airman
Apr 24, 2007
Adelaide
Hey everyone,

We often debate the best fighter pilots of WW2 and the best planes, so why not discuss the best drivers in the history of F1.

I think a poll is the best way to do this, but I'm afraid that I may have missed some drivers, so the mods can feel free to add drivers as they please.

My personal favourite driver of all time and probably one of the most talented I have ever seen is Gilles Villeneuve, his car control is amazing and his raw speed and courage behind the wheel have always amazed me. His racing against Rene Arnoux at the 1979 France GP is the most amazing thing I have seen. Its a pity he wasn't able to achieve much with his career. R.I.P he crashed in 1982. Enzo Ferrari said he could do things in a car that nobody since Nuvolri could do.

Sorry, Id like to swap Eddie Irvine for Gerhard Berger if possible. Bad mistake, sorry fans of Eddie haha

note, no current F1 drivers in that list.

Fangio is my pick driving inferior cars and still winning totally brilliant.

"The best driver and ambassador the sport ever had, a real gentleman"
Stirling moss

This my favourite sport. My two big loves in world is ww2 aviation and F1.

Obviously Schumi, but there are really GREAT names that you did not mention....
Jochen Rindt
Alberto Ascari
Chris Amon

A fun threat would be"Most over-rated driver never to win a championship" now that will be interesting

Of today's young bunch, the one that stand head, shoulders, helmet, racing gloves, racing shoes and personality above the rest is young Sebastian Vettel, watch this space.......
edd

Nelson Piquet !

why ? besides been a great driver, he was also a great mechanic and projectist. and of course a great and funny person.

the first brazilian to win 3 champioships, piquet and later senna, another great talent, but piquet was greater.

how could you forgot emerson fittipaldi in this poll dammit !

lolll this poll sux ! theres more options than votes !

unfortunely people here arent too much fan of the greatest race championship ! too bad for them !

lolll this poll sux ! theres more options than votes !

unfortunely people here arent too much fan of the greatest race championship ! too bad for them !

exactly, mods are welcome to change the Poll as they please. I am an F1 fan, but my knowledge is fairly limited. Its hard to list every possible driver, so I listed some of the names that I am fairly familiar with.

exactly, mods are welcome to change the Poll as they please. I am an F1 fan, but my knowledge is fairly limited. Its hard to list every possible driver, so I listed some of the names that I am fairly familiar with.

no watambe u didnt understood, im sorry.

i didnt said this poll really sux, i was ironical, because theres more options than votes, because our american fellows here are not too much interested about f1. but thats too bad for them ! f1 is the top race.

your polll is allright, and also the topic. i could disagree about one name or another but im a great fan of f1 too, and thats the funny about f1 !

regards watambe !

because our american fellows here are not too much interested about f1. but thats too bad for them ! f1 is the top race.

It is called personal taste! I am sure I like things that you do not like! Am I going to ridicule and call you out for it?! No...

If everyone liked the same sport, life would be boring!

I hate F1 and all car racing as a matter of fact. It is boring to watch arrogant pricks drive around in circles or on a track for hours. But that is just my opinion, again I do not condemn you for your lack of interest in American Football. Why? Because it is personal taste!

no watambe u didnt understood, im sorry.

i didnt said this poll really sux, i was ironical, because theres more options than votes, because our american fellows here are not too much interested about f1. but thats too bad for them ! f1 is the top race.

your polll is allright, and also the topic. i could disagree about one name or another but im a great fan of f1 too, and thats the funny about f1 !

regards watambe !

nothing to be sorry about! They are just some of my favourites, id thought id put down. I think F1 is awesome. It shows what sort of speed humans are capable of. It showcases technology, skill and nerve. Its the best of the best racing against eachother.

im form the times of nelson piquet, alain prost, senna, nigel mansel.... this 4 guys made some of the greatest duels i ever saw.

but for me, piquet, as driver/mechanic/projectist, team mate and showman was unbelieveble. but all this guys was great pilots.

formula 1 is fantastic. you start watching it when you 6, 7 years old and never get sick of it !

It is called personal taste! I am sure I like things that you do not like! Am I going to ridicule and call you out for it?! No...

If everyone liked the same sport, life would be boring!

I hate F1 and all car racing as a matter of fact. It is boring to watch arrogant pricks drive around in circles or on a track for hours. But that is just my opinion, again I do not condemn you for your lack of interest in American Football. Why? Because it is personal taste!

Somehow I get the message you dont like car racing...straight shooting and direct:lol: :lol: :lol:

For the record, I have always been a fan of Alain Prost....and of course Sir jack

Somehow I get the message you dont like car racing...straight shooting and direct:lol: :lol: :lol:

For the record, I have always been a fan of Alain Prost....and of course Sir jack

I don't, thumb wrestling is more exciting...

Like I said though, I was not going to post in this thread until I read Jugs, then I had to respond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back