The best truck of WWII?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Which would be the best truck of WWII? GMC's CCKW, the Deuce and half has to be in the top 5, right?

Attachments

• GMC_CCKW_Truck_1943.jpg
    GMC_CCKW_Truck_1943.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 454
GMC 2½
definitely
I have read German descriptions from Winter 43/44, full of complains how Soviet troops pushed through mud in LL trucks while their own trucks, Opels etc, got struckt even on the roads, not that there was much difference between cross-country and road in Ukraina in that time during thaw season. Have not time to check the British vehicles but generally US trucks tended to have more powerful engines than European trucks.

Again
a very nice photo, Soren

Juha

What's there to like about Opel Blitz??
It' a civilian truck designed to quality roads, so inherently not suited for the Russian terrain (mud, rasputitza, snow etc.),

US truck of just about any kind is way superior to what other countries produced.

It's my understanding that Opel had a 4 wheel drive version for military use. However the Heer mostly used the less expensive 2 wheel drive version.

Opel Blitz maybe.

For hauling hay to market down a nicely kept dirt road, sure!

You would seriously choose the Opel over this?

Not all things Tutonic are superior!

Attachments

• m35rb.jpg
    m35rb.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 437
According to what I've read the Opel Blitz was very popular with the Germans, and it did well. Sure it didn't have as many horsepower, but it was a lighter truck as-well. The German heavy trucks were everybit as good as those the US built.

Btw, didn't the German use a Ford truck as-well ?

Not all things Tutonic are superior!

Teutonic mate ;)

Now lets leave out the accusations, I didn't claim anything, I came with a suggestion. So cool it.

The Ford V 3000S used by the Germans actually has 5 more horsepower than the GMC CCKW, lol :D

Btw, lets not forget the Skoda H 6ST6-T used by the Wehrmacht, it was a 4 ton truck, a real hauler.
6st6t.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back