The BF 109E-4 is done! 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ronkootje

Airman
Jun 19, 2009
I hope You like it i had losts of funn building this kit i think german collor schemes are great and chalenging!

Enjoy.

Foto-JFCGC43G.jpg

Foto-RPPUWSGO.jpg

Foto-P3TZEN4W.jpg

Foto-JLOGOCQ8.jpg

Foto-8BFGQU3L.jpg

Foto-N7LOGWVF.jpg

Foto-IZHAFGP8.jpg

Foto-SV4KFQPD.jpg

Foto-Y4X4T4BR.jpg

Foto-G8D6SRHI.jpg

Foto-3HHV6PSL.jpg

The kit was funn to build only 2 things i dont get the decals are wrong and i had to modify them to the disired JG2 i wanted plus the canopy is in one peace so if you want to open the cockpit you have to cut the middel section of as that is kinda triky stress on the canopy can cause them cracks that you cant pollish away but in the end i suceeded!

Regards Ron

Beatiful work Ron! How the h*ll did you manage that camouflage in 1/72!? :shock:

Thank you i took a household sponge en ripped a peace of and taped it to a cocktail stick and dapped it in the paint, then i removed the te paint whit a dry cloth until there is little paint on it.
Then very gently thouced the model and spots wil appear it took me a few hours to get the disired result but iam pleaced whit it.
I think it helps i also make battleships on 1/350 scale thats even smaler and building 1/72 is challenging for me in stead of 1/32 i have build 1/32 models but they take to many space in my house :oops: so i stopped building them and switched to 1/72 and now iam collecting WOII fighters.

Regards Ron

Bloody awesome looking 109 mate 8) just about the best mottling I've ever seen -inspirational

proof you don't need an airbrush -dammit

Thank you i took a household sponge en ripped a peace of and taped it to a cocktail stick and dapped it in the paint, then i removed the te paint whit a dry cloth until there is little paint on it.
Then very gently thouced the model and spots wil appear it took me a few hours to get the disired result but iam pleaced whit it.
I think it helps i also make battleships on 1/350 scale thats even smaler and building 1/72 is challenging for me in stead of 1/32 i have build 1/32 models but they take to many space in my house :oops: so i stopped building them and switched to 1/72 and now iam collecting WOII fighters.

Regards Ron

Thanks for explaining Ron! I stick to my 1/48 scale machines I think, not too big or too small....juuuust the right size. :lol:

The Academy Bf109E of 1/72 scale kit is not good.There is a few mistakes thet have to be corrected.

The model looks really great.Well done Ronkootje . :thumbright:

Model looks great, but ur horrendous choice of yellow background to take the pics with decreases the overall quality of the pics....

Would love to see some of ur other models, with a different background of course...

Yea, almost hurtful to the eyes. Great, great mottling though. Is it me or do the axles look wrong? They almost look displaced like a Spit. Something looks wrong there besides the fact that the finish is better than anything I could do.

Model looks great, but ur horrendous choice of yellow background to take the pics with decreases the overall quality of the pics....

Would love to see some of ur other models, with a different background of course...

Christ you are a mean bastard, Les. :lol: :lol: I thought that the scale of the camo was phenomenal. Well done man!

The nexy model i choose il take other background :D iam thinking of lichtbleu.. or do you guys have a better suggestion?

Regards Ron

Light blue is fine most of the time Ron. Of course, it depends on the colours of the model, and the lighting. Always try to go for a soft, neutral colour - light blues, greys and so on. For very light or 'silver' models, a darker background is normally better, although not so dark that any detail in the shadows is lost, such as tyres and wheels etc.

As far as I'm concerned you can make the background pink with red polkadots Ron. Just keep building to that level finesse and I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back