The exploits of my first carrier landing! *11 PICTURES HERE*

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GermansRGeniuses

Tech Sergeant
Dec 26, 2003
www.barryboys.co.uk
So folks, on my first carrier landing attempt in PF, I completed a successful landing, after a solitary go-around...

Readyforlanding1.jpg

Approachinghome2.jpg

Clearedforlanding3.jpg

Notthistimegoingaround4.jpg

Ughgo-around5.jpg

Goingaround6.jpg

Goinginforanotherpass7.jpg

TouchDown8.jpg

Cablegrab9.jpg

BOUNCE10.jpg

Havingcometoahalt11.jpg

There you have it, folks!

(Some of you shall see this twice...)

Nice one m8!! what settings are you running the game on?

Neo

Everything on highest, excluding landscape detail, which I leave on Excellent as Perfect ruins my performance and stutters... (I have an Fx5200 128mb)

Technically, I can fly alright, but when shots break out, the hell that breaks loose is doubled; the regular chaos is doubled by the chaotic lag!

GermansRGeniuses said:
Everything on highest, excluding landscape detail, which I leave on Excellent as Perfect ruins my performance and stutters... (I have an Fx5200 128mb)

Technically, I can fly alright, but when shots break out, the hell that breaks loose is doubled; the regular chaos is doubled by the chaotic lag!

I put a guide to running perfect for pf up on the HG's general forums. You have the same card as space and he now plays perfect no problem even online. ;) http://hellsgazelles.proboards29.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1101059940

Neo

GermansRGeniuses said:
Oh, you mean like how the Japanese say "Good 'Un!," but in Japanese?

;)

Do they indeed? Hmm, I'll have to remember that. ;)

I'll also have to read Neo's guide to running perfect.
I don't know if it'll really help me, though. I have an ancient GeForce2 Ti. :cry:

Damn you GrG, youve had the game a day and already done a carrier landing successfully, Ive had it 3 and a half weeks and I still cant do it ;)

And why did speed suddenly change from km/h to mph?

Well, I've actually landed successfully first try with all planes except the Val...

Then again, I've only tried three planes...

I'd say the Dauntless is most likely the easiest to land in, due to those ENORMOUS "Swiss Cheese" brakes...

*Edit*-To answer your question, all you have to do is assign a command for "Toggle Speed Bar," that way you can toggle between Metric, KIAS (Knots Indicated Airspeed), and Imperial; I use ctrl+s.

Nonskimmer said:
I don't know if it'll really help me, though. I have an ancient GeForce2 Ti. :cry:

All this makes me wonder how I've managed for so long with just the internal graphics device.......

nice landing , on my first landing i cought the last rope and my valerie didn't go over the edge 8)

The closest Ive come to a successful carrier landing was in a P-38 :shock: :lol: But the nose wheel tipped over the edge just as i was about to come to a stop and it all went kaput :(

British carriers are too small!

Ok, here's the story...

I saw the "Master_Landing" track included in the game and decided to give it a shot, and got near successful, catching an early/late wire (early for me, landing from the front, but late for those landing the correct way), but was going too fast and flew off the stern!

Anyway, Wildcats are hard to land, due to the fact that they're hard to slow down!

Attachments

• darn_you__fm-2_.jpg
    darn_you__fm-2_.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,215
Nonskimmer said:
GermansRGeniuses said:
British carriers are too small!

Not if you know how to land. ;)

The worst part about the Wildcat isn't landing, it's the landing gear!
Man, that's a pain in the ass! :confused:

But I was landing front to back, not from the back forward...

I took off, flew forward, turned around, tried to land in the opposite way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back