The Food Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
All this talk of cheese, bacon and sausage has got me thinking we need a general food thread (And making me hungry too...)

Yeah, we have had some food threads before, but why dig up dead threads?

What do you enjoy? What's your favorite? Post recipes.

image.jpeg

A "Schwaben Teller", I ate in Böblingen, Germany last month.

Schnitzel, Maultaschen (Meat filled ravioli type pasta), Schweine Geschnetzelte mit Pilzrahm Sosse (Sliced Pork in a muschroom sauce), Spätzle, lentils and wurst.

image.jpeg

Sauerbraten, Semmelknödel (Bread Dumplings) and Rotkohl (Red Cabbage).

Mother in laws good cooking back home in Germany...;)

image.jpeg

Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte (Blackforest Cake)

My absolute favorite cake. Look forward to one every year...

image.jpeg

Zwiebelrostbraten mit Bratkartoffeln (Steak and onions with fried potatoes) in Stuttgart, Germany.

image.jpeg

Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza, in Chicago of course...;)

image.jpeg

Lobster Roll with Sage Parmesian Fries in Chicago

image.jpeg

Some very good Fish and Chips Inhad in Washington DC last September. With Malt Vinigar of course. Why do people ruin it with tarter sauce?

image.jpeg

Some Calimari I fried up in a light "wet batter" a few weeks ago. Turned out quite well.

image.jpeg

Russian Golubsti (Stuffed Cabbage) near Stuttgart, Germany

image.jpeg

Scwäbische Maultaschen, in Stuttgart, Germany

(Meat filled ravioli type pasta in broth).

Great idea Chris, being a chef at work 60+ hours a week means i dont do much proper cooking at home, plus at home i have to clean up my own mess !

Will sort out some pics of stuff i do at work.

I love mexican food if i eat out or when i can at home.

Few to start with.

My version of the Czech marinated cheese Nakladany Hermelin.
Terry and I ate a lot of this when we visited the Czech republic to meet Roman 8 years ago

received_1291563707602102.jpeg

Soused herring with pickled vegetables and mustard sauce.
FB_IMG_1493278448154.jpg

Roast Sirloin of beef and roast chicken, vegetables, potatoes and Yorkshire puddings, served for sunday lunch, you carve this yourself at your table in my restaurant.

FB_IMG_1493278388976.jpg

Chargrilled monkfish, jasmine rice and thai red curried mussels

FB_IMG_1493278308525.jpg

Last edited:
please tell me about your slaw dressing, Rochie, I use slaw a lot because it's good value and has a longer shelf life in the fridge. I rotate a repertoire of 2-3 dressings but I'm always on the look-out for ideas. I use soya sauce, canola oil, minced garlic, wasabi paste and a dash of lime juice, for example, as a light dressing. I use sweetened condensed milk with vinegar, oil, mustard powder, garlic and paprika for a creamy dressing that doesn't use mayo.
What's your secret .. :)

please tell me about your slaw dressing, Rochie, I use slaw a lot because it's good value and has a longer shelf life in the fridge. I rotate a repertoire of 2-3 dressings but I'm always on the look-out for ideas. I use soya sauce, canola oil, minced garlic, wasabi paste and a dash of lime juice, for example, as a light dressing. I use sweetened condensed milk with vinegar, oil, mustard powder, garlic and paprika for a creamy dressing that doesn't use mayo.
What's your secret .. :)
Mayo, salt/pepper and a bit of horseradish sauce !

No pictures guys but I have been making up a Crawfish and Shrimp bisque that goes the way of alot of seafood bisque but I add a can of Campbell's tomato soup.Me being from the south some Tony's Cajun Creole,Dill(1/4part [must lately]),parsley(1part),basil(1/2part) alittle lemon juice serve with a basic crouton do not let them take the show.It was to die for the second go round.The other recipe from start to the table in an hour Chicken Christopher Recipe - Food.com I used this recipe tweaked it again some dill in there used half and half most excellent.I tried the sauce on fish because of the lemon flavor but it needs more body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back