THE GERMAN V1 ROCKET LEAFLET CAMPAIGN

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wonder if they ever considered using these missiles and their canisters to seed chaff/windows to interfere with radar.

That's new to me too, really interesting. I guess they were returning the favour after the RAF expended so much over Gewrmany in the first year of the war.

That's new to me too, really interesting. I guess they were returning the favour after the RAF expended so much over Gewrmany in the first year of the war.

Part of the Rational for the V weapons campaign was not simply feel good 'vengence' for the allied dehousing/area-bombardment campaign. It was hopped to negotiate a mutural end to city bombardment. This would require propaganda ie "look we are doing back to you what you are doing to us with your terror bombing".

Both the V1 and V2 had quite accurate guidance systems nearing completion that would cut CEP down to 1km or 2km. One of the two Ewald II/Sauerkirsche II ground stations that would give a midcourse correction to the V1 had been completed and the other two were under construction. There were also long range, 400 mile versions of the V1, while by March 1945 showed the missiles could be built with an average speed of 795kmh/495mph with some even managing 815kmh/515mph.

Likewise a long awaited for 3D beam riding systemfor the V1 'vollzirkel' was in its 4th hoped for final form designed at achieving control of the missile to 0.05 degrees with doppler speed cutoff for a planed for accuracy of 300m at the re-entry point. (wind drift would effect this)

There is little doubt that the technology was capable of making a big mess of quite a few of Britains cities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back