The Helicopter Crash

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIflyer

1st Lieutenant
May 30, 2011
Cape Canaveral
This newspaper has a good account of the circumstances associated with the helicopter crash that all the news has been covering.
I have flown Special VFR in the LA basin exactly ONCE, and it certainly was not under conditions remotely similar to what is described. We took off from Torrance in Cessna 172 with the usual California coastal "horizontal overcast" of about 500 ft thick. Typically SFR is used to get away from the airport a short distance to a VFR area.

Helicopter that crashed killing Kobe and 8 others circled for 15 minutes over Burbank | Daily Mail Online

This newspaper has a good account of the circumstances associated with the helicopter crash that all the news has been covering.
I have flown Special VFR in the LA basin exactly ONCE, and it certainly was not under conditions remotely similar to what is described. We took off from Torrance in Cessna 172 with the usual California coastal "horizontal overcast" of about 500 ft thick. Typically SFR is used to get away from the airport a short distance to a VFR area.

Helicopter that crashed killing Kobe and 8 others circled for 15 minutes over Burbank | Daily Mail Online
I'm going to merge this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back