The Italian Afrika Korps....in Italian! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi,
I saw this post just now and the films for the first time today.
My comments are:
1) I don't like the title and I don't know why it has been used: we aren't talking about a single Korp, like the Afrika Korp was, but the history of Italian presence in North Africa from the arrival of Italian settlers (1) to the last fights in Tunisia (13).
2) Those films have been made by the Fascist propaganda, but they were also realistic: in Tunisia they speak of "defensive battle"
3) I agree, besides the words spoken, their content is very interesting with a lot of nice images of aircraft.
Cheers
Alberto

Hi Alberto,
Are you talking about the title here or on the YouTube, if you mean the title here, I do apologise. :D What else can you tell about these films?

Hi Alberto,
Are you talking about the title here or on the YouTube, if you mean the title here, I do apologise. :D What else can you tell about these films?

Hi Lucky, of course I mean the title on the you-tube. Also because I think that the person who uploaded them is an Italian that, probably, just wanted to make it more attractive, but historically wrong.
Beside the above, even if you do not understand Italian there are at least two aspects worth considering:
1) The Italian settlers (thousand of them) that moved to Lybia, besides their political opinion, were very happy to go there because that was probably the only opportunity they had to aspire to a decent life.
2) By these days the words from Fascist Propaganda were the only ones reaching the majority of Italians, but watching them with today eyes seems unbelievable that they were proud to show Fiat CR 42 biplane figters while Britain was pressing on Hurricanes and Spitfires and Germany was building thousand of Messerschitt.
Cheers
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back