The Lichtenstein airborn radar

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thnx for the data. I dont know if you have these pics, but i believe there are very rare.
Greetings Rene152

Attachments

• 04 focke wulf 190A-8 R11 günter migge 1NJGr10 01.bmp
    696.4 KB · Views: 583
  • 04 focke wulf 190A-8 R11-Met FuG 218 Neptun 01.bmp
    459.7 KB · Views: 799
  • 04 focke wulf 190A-8 R11-Met FuG 218 Neptun 02.JPG
    04 focke wulf 190A-8 R11-Met FuG 218 Neptun 02.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 561
  • Arado Ar 234B-2N Nachtigall 01.jpg
    Arado Ar 234B-2N Nachtigall 01.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 492
well they are not rare at all in many books on the NJG's and will also be in my work when published, and yes the FuG 217 is going to get covered with the Fw 190A-7/N

By the way, do you have some data about FuG Neptun radar Focke-Wulfs?. i could only find these three.

Hi rene,

Off hand Im not for sure. I will have to do some digging on that subject as the Fw-190 is not an aircraft that I do alot of research on.

Paul

Anybody have any cross sections or detailed drawings of the antennas like the ones on White 9 flown by Gunter Migge? I started building a radio controlled FW190 A8 several years ago and am just getting back into it. I am at the point where I need to model the antennas and figure out how I am going to mount them. I would suspect they would get a lot of vibration. I'm thinking possibly carbon fiber. This is close to a 1/4 scale, pretty big. I've seen Simon's profiles as well as several pictures of the actual aircraft, white 9. I'm not sure if the main masts coming out of the wings are in the shape of an airfoil or just rounded on the edges. I can see that they are somewhat flat and appear to transition into a round. I am also looking for details on the connectors where the dipoles attach. I am looking for any details I can find. Jean-Yves Lorant was kind enough to send me some pictures he had of the antennas several years ago. I'm not sure if any diagrams even exist. I haven't been able to come up with any. If anyone knows where I can obtain any details on these I sure would appreciate it.

SO the FuG 202 was the FIRST airborne radar used by the LW specifically for finding enemy aircraft.

It is listed as being first used in 1942, but is it? Was it used earlier in testing, 1941.
Actually, any detailed timeline on the use of 202's? First made, first trials, etc?

Thanks

SO the FuG 202 was the FIRST airborne radar used by the LW specifically for finding enemy aircraft.

It is listed as being first used in 1942, but is it? Was it used earlier in testing, 1941.
Actually, any detailed timeline on the use of 202's? First made, first trials, etc?

Thanks
Try this link:
FuG 202 site:cdvandt.org - Buscar con Google

Jan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back