The Mighty Eighth by Freeman (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DarrenW

Staff Sergeant
Dec 24, 2017
Warren, MI USA
I recently purchased this book because it was the "gold standard" concerning the 8th Air Force when I was growing up. I was never able to obtain a copy until now however. At first glance it still seems to hold up very well when compared to newer books on the subject. I want to know what others have to say about it. It seems that Freeman did his homework on this one....

I recently purchased this book because it was the "gold standard" concerning the 8th Air Force when I was growing up. I was never able to obtain a copy until now however. At first glance it still seems to hold up very well when compared to newer books on the subject. I want to know what others have to say about it. It seems that Freeman did his homework on this one....
I have a couple of his books, they are both excellent.
Roger A Freeman was a English author who played a major role in the formation of historical societies celebrating the Eighth Air Force on both sides of the Atlantic.

Always heard that the 8th Fir Force suffered more casualties than the Marine Corps in WWII.
Pretty big operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back