The Mighty Mars 1/48 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

deckape

Staff Sergeant
Jul 26, 2011
Moraine Ohio U.S.A.
Ahoy
I have a huge collection over the years not certain if I posted this one or not ook her out for nice pictures for having such a wonderfull day not to many coming this way. Here is the Martin model 170 Mars flyingboat. The Martin JRM-1 Mars only two such examples are in exisistance today and flying. Canadas forest industries use them as fire bombers they are the mainstay to their fleet of borate bombers. the Mars is made from blue foam board carved and shaped covered in epoxie resin. Extremely light I akmost lost her durring the picture takes, A puff of wind picked up hre 4ft wing psan as if she was made to fly. I grabbed her just in time, no breakage WHewwwwwwwwwwwww close call. Here are the pix.

Boats:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 198
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 195
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 187
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 187
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 177
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 190
  • PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 172
That's not a 'boat, it's a bloody monster!! :)

Ahoy A4K
LOLllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll In deed she is, The Martin model 170 Mars was the largest airplane in the world for her time. The 747 of the 40,s and 50,s. This aircraft was used only out of the war zone and used mostly for transporting personal. The Mars can carry up to 300 personal. When they were stricken from the naval registry in 1956 they given up for scrap. The canada forest industries purchased three remaining Martin Mars boats. for seeing a future as a water bomber. Even today the Mighty Mars still in service only 2 such examples are left. thanks for your reply A4K

Boats

Nice piece of work done here,I like to Navy colors
I posted some videos of the real thing,starting her engines,landing time lapse,and a bunch more,
search this site to see

You do some fantastic work!
Thanks to Charles, I have just started a balsa and tissue Stuka, (GB#15) and would appreciate any comments or pointers you might have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back