Groundhog Thread v. 2.0 - The most important battle of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ur opinion means more to me than the average bum on the street..... although some of them Bums are quite remarkable....

I met this Bum one time in Izmir Turkey who was wearing nothing but plastic bags over his whole entire body.... He even had one on the top of his head.. I have a pic somewhere....

Truely AMAZING...

Ok all before the rant of cars and bums you were talking of the B-24 Nose and that it was as ugly as the Lanc!! Ok Yes, and that true the LB-30 that was designed first for the RAF and then the USAAF did have a smooth "Greenhouse" nose. The war made it clear more arms were needed. Now maybe a real nose turret would have been better then some hacked tail turret. :)

Willow, post this in your siggy area:
lb30.jpg

That should get your sig to work...

Thanks all I Have, I hope, fixed my problum. I am looking around the albums for some good pics, but I have bad luck changing the pics. ;)

Any one want to coment of this one? As much as I like the B-24, that May West pic was just great! :shock:

All the battles were important and it is hard to say but I would have to say either the Battle of Britain or the Battle of the Bulge. If the Battle of Britain had been won by the Germans, it is still hard to say if a german invasion of England would have succeded, however it would have definatly left England wide open if the valient Royal Airforce had been defeated. The Battle of The Buldge ofcourse just because it was the last great German Offensive. If they had defeated the Americans there It would have atleast slowed the war down and lengthened it for the Germans and maybe given them time to get some of there secret weapons into service in time to make an impact. But if you want to go off that kind of consequense you would have to throw in the Battle of The Atlantic. That was a struggle to keep supplies flowing between American and England and if that had gone sour things could have turned out much differently.

Attachments

• feldmarschal_erwin_rommel_6.jpg
    feldmarschal_erwin_rommel_6.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 614
all good points, but really it has to be the way the battles came together to form the war that has to be the most important part..................

BoB, but the point of the Battle for the Atlantic was good. We talked about that before. But it was also getting supplies to the Russians.

The Bulge? Maybe if the Germans could have gotten to the Sea and really hit the ports. But they needed the gas first.

Lanc, I like that you say how things came together! It could have turned for the Germans just as it did the Alies.

What about the Pacific? I would say Coral Sea!

Okinawa! That was big! But what do you want to know? It was needed to have a strong staging area for the big invasion of the home islands. Okinawa and Farmosa are key points to also safe gaurd the airforce. It was as bloody as any of the landings.

I can try to go on more, but will wait. We must have others who are interested in the Pacific! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back