The Movie Pop Quiz....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thought that I'd maybe bring this one back with a questions.....

Why do you see in some/most films, pilots shake the stick when they fire their guns.....that's wrong isn't, or?

I always thought they were either simulating 1) the plane vibrating as the guns fire, or 2) the pilot "spraying" the bullets around to cover a slightly wider area.

Actually, depending on the aircraft, you'd have to compensate for the recoil of the MG's and/or cannon. I remember reading somewhere that in the Me262, a short burst with all four Mk108s would alter the aircraft's course airspeed and:
"rattle one's teeth in a dreadful manner"...

It's not the recoil of the guns shaking the stick, it's the pilot trying to keep the crate on target as the recoil skews the aircraft.

Granted, some of the movies over-exagerate it, but like I said, of you have a machine that's packing some real punch, the effect will be greater.

But the way it looks, they shake the stick in the same way as the recoil of the guns.....why I wonder is that I never thought about it before, until a day or so ago, when they were showing some clips from the old BoB movie.
You can almost see the pilot going ratatatatatata and shake the afore mentioned stick at the same time....:lol:

I scanned through the movie (it's been a while since I've seen it), and I see what you mean, that's a little over-emphasizing on the actor's part...lol

I guess it makes look much more exciting that way!

Kind of like those cheap westerns, where the gun-slingers are waving thier six-shooters at the bad guys, making it look like they're flinging the bullets out of the barrel... :lol:

Kind of like those cheap westerns, where the gun-slingers are waving thier six-shooters at the bad guys, making it look like they're flinging the bullets out of the barrel... :lol:

Heh...and you can still cover the grouping with a silver dollar. If its the good guy's shots, that is. Bad guys can't hit the ground they're standing on.
:lol:

LOL!

And ever take the time to count how many rounds they fire? (good OR bad guys)

Seems to me those six-shooters are magical, that is, unless the plot will thicken when the magic six (or 12 or 24) shooter goes *click* (which you really wouldn't hear, since your ears would be ringing like crazy after all that shooting...)

:lol:

Lucky, from what I can gather they sing the Refrain and then the last verse of the Russian Anthem. I may be wrong but that's what I could sort out from what I found.

according to the IMDB.com, its this...

"The Anthem of the Soviet Union"
Music by Aleksandr Aleksandrov (as A.V. Aleksandrov)
Text by Gabriel Ureklyan (as G.A. El-Reghistan) Sergei Mikhalkov (as S.V. Mikhalkov)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back