The Philippines (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

manta22

Banned
Aug 22, 2019
Tucson, AZ
This 8mm footage may be of some interest to forum members:

I have some brass shells that he picked up on Corregidor:
1ea 20mm Headstamp "1944 Mk2"
1ea 20mm Headstamp "1944 Mk4"
1ea 37mm Headstamp "M16 1943 Shot.APC M51"
1ea 37-25 mm Headstamp "11-28"

Plus a few 105s around here somewhere.

Last edited:
Pic from a photo album from an unknown crew member of Submarine Chaser SC-768.

SC768-31.jpg

Corregidor is a site to see. That very long bombed out building is barracks ,maybe a half mile long. It's right next to the parade ground. When Battery Hern was fired all the windows in the barracks shock and some shattered. Those 2 artillery pieces are Battery Crockett . After they were shot,they would drop down below the tree line.Supposedly so they couldn't be seen.Moot point after the trees were shelled away .

100percent sure, these things have happened in war, Soldiers of both sides, were thousands of miles away from their capitals and the officers had not much power! (You know what I mean by "power").

Everyday passes, more and more of untold, censored events will become public... Just like what happened to the German Fighter Pilot and The US Bomber Pilot... (Can't remember their names, sorry, but you know whom I mean), and many, many, many, many more...

At the end, all were gray! No Black / White or any other colours...

Found a period photo in my Dad's WWII Navy Seabee papers showing the Immaculate Conception Church in Guiuan, Samar, Philippines. Out of curiosity I googled the unusual Guiuan location and found the modern photo of the same Church on the Wikipedia site. The 1944 photo is a personal photo, the modern photo is credited to Wikipedia.

Attachments

• Guiuan, Samar, Philippines, 1944.jpg
    Guiuan, Samar, Philippines, 1944.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Guiuan, Samar, Philippines, Modern.JPG
    Guiuan, Samar, Philippines, Modern.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 3
Dad was also in Manila with the 3rd Naval Construction Brigade in 1945 right after the Battle of Manila was over. Here are some of his photos showing destruction of high value targets. Maybe some of you can identify the Japanese field pieces in the top 2 photos. The bottom right photo is a side corner view of the University of The Philippine Islands showing extensive damage. The single modern photo is actually a Pre-War view of the front of the same building at the U. of P.I. One of the high priority "repairs" that my Dad's Seabee unit was ordered to complete was of the Manila Golf Course, which had been heavily fortified by the Japanese. Possibly that was the location of the two field pieces. So we know for sure the Navy Brass had their priorities straight. Incidentally, my Dad was an avid golfer. Group photos are family-owned, the copy of the "textbook" photo looks to be credited to Ewing Callaway.

Attachments

• WWII Manila, P.I. War Damage.jpg
    WWII Manila, P.I. War Damage.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 6
  • WWII Manila, Pre War U. of P.I..jpg
    WWII Manila, Pre War U. of P.I..jpg
    229 KB · Views: 6
100percent sure, these things have happened in war, Soldiers of both sides, were thousands of miles away from their capitals and the officers had not much power! (You know what I mean by "power").

Everyday passes, more and more of untold, censored events will become public... Just like what happened to the German Fighter Pilot and The US Bomber Pilot... (Can't remember their names, sorry, but you know whom I mean), and many, many, many, many more...

At the end, all were gray! No Black / White or any other colours...
Some were far "blacker" than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back