The Salvage of Pearl Harbor.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just caught part 2 last night. Great stuff. I try to find pics of the aftermath of the attack without success. This is what I wanted to see. The damage done to the battleships and how they were salvaged. I took a screenshot of the burned out U.S.S. Arizona before its tripod masts were removed. Looking forward to the next installment and his Guadalcanal series as well.

My g
Just caught part 2 last night. Great stuff. I try to find pics of the aftermath of the attack without success. This is what I wanted to see. The damage done to the battleships and how they were salvaged. I took a screenshot of the burned out U.S.S. Arizona before its tripod masts were removed. Looking forward to the next installment and his Guadalcanal series as well.
My great great uncle ( my namesake) is one of those who never made it off of the Arizona. It's nice seeing this.

The recovery of the bodies must have been absolutely horrific.

I volunteer you coz I ain't
I've helped clean up after fires. Yes, it is VERY horrific. That took days. It must have been heart wrenching as well.

Read the written story of Capt. Wallen's effort to recover and salvage the wrecks here.

I transcribed it from the original USNI book for Hyperwar, the online repository for hyperlinked official documents produced by various agencies of the United States, United Kingdom and British Commonwealth governments.
Thanks for the link. I'm looking forward to reading it when it's quiet.

We've all seen pictures of the bottom of Oklahoma's hull sticking up in the air, but pics of her being righted and raised are spell-binding. Like this one, for example:

Attachments

• salvaging the Oklahoma.jpg
    salvaging the Oklahoma.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 115
We've all seen pictures of the bottom of Oklahoma's hull sticking up in the air, but pics of her being righted and raised are spell-binding. Like this one, for example:
It's a great picture but somehow wrong to give it a "like" given the subject. So I gave it an "informative".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back