The [SC] Arachnicus has a question thread. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

[SC] Arachnicus

Senior Airman
May 1, 2012
West Chester OH
Instead of spamming this forum section with multiple questions that I seem to have daily I was thinking of putting them all here if that's okay.

Kawanishi N1K2-J "George" question: The Model Master enamel Imp.Japan Army Navy Green is a bit dark. What color would I just to lighten it up a bit to make it the correct color?

A touch of white is commonly used by many modelers to reduce the "scale effect". Theory has it the smaller the model, the lighter the colours should be. Also depends on the finish. A glossy version of most colours will look darker than a flat finish of the same paint.

The best I've used so far is to base coat the intended section in the metal color, apply the upper section color (after the base drys) then take Thinner mixed with water and slowly imitate the direction in which the chipping occurs. Practice before hand on a old model to perfect it, but its the easiest option out there.

Thank you for combining everything into one thread, it saves me from explaining in 3 other threads procedures, I also use google a lot to check up on new ways of doing things, maybe try a google search for the basic technique and then inquire to if anyone uses it and how effect it is. Everyone has a diffrent method that works for them.

[QUOTE='[SC] Kawanishi N1K2-J "George" question: The Model Master enamel Imp.Japan Army Navy Green is a bit dark. What color would I just to lighten it up a bit to make it the correct color?[/QUOTE]

The Japanese Dark Green (N1) applied to the Shiden-Kai was a dark Black Green with a very subtle hint of Blue, probably best to just run with the Black green.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back