The sound of airplane.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, apparently resurrecting an old thread because it appears one I started about 10 years ago no longer exists (its ok, just sayin').
Found this cool video of an F7F and the engine sounds are to die for!
Check it out....

Thanks airframes.
I've also located the one that kicked off my old thread, The Sound of Victory

...can't believe after 10 year, its still up. Thankful that it is, though. That classic "Allison Punch" is undeniable there.

Elvis

There's something about a 5-cylinder radial.
I really love that sound...

First one is a Kinner K-5, the second should be a Shvetsov M-11.

Indeed, they're music to my ears. Just keep 'em coming, fellas.

By the way, just in case anyone's interested, my old associate is selling a few Foose Wheels. If anyone's interested, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

Many old and venerable friends there, plus a few human beings. Such songs as to make the angels weep with joy. And I really enjoyed the Fiesler, as many years ago, at a small private airfield, I helped the owner with the restoration of Fiesler, most of the work I was doing was dismantling and inspecting the Argus engine. And yes, the one in the video growled like the one I worked on. I found out that the air for the carb goes through the crankcase, which helps to warm it, in essence providing carb heat. However, in the US, the FAA mandated that carb heat be turned off for takeoffs and landings, and since the carb heat on an Argus is always on, the FAA doesn't like Fieslers flying in the US very much. One thing about the Argus engine is the fact that it is full of roller bearings, even the crank shaft, which can also be taken apart. That was a fun job. A lot of work, but a lot of fun, also. Those engineers at Argus back in the 30s really knew how to design an engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back