The Soviet giant

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pampa14

Airman 1st Class
May 14, 2013
I share with you some pictures of the impressive K-7 aircraft designed in the Soviet Union in the interwar period as heavy bomber but did not go into production. Visit the link below, see the collection of pictures and leave there your opinion or comment: Do you think the K-7 would succeed in his mission as a bomber?

Aviação em Floripa: O gigante russo

Best Regards!

Do you think the K-7 would succeed in his mission as a bomber?

No.

From "The Strangest Aircraft of all Time" by Keith Ray...

1.jpg

2.jpg

The failure of the K-7 also displeased Uncle Joe.

That did not go well for poor Mr. Kalinin.

Also, in Pampa's photo collection, there is a rare photo of the developing prototype that had an engine mounted on each main gear structure. Perhaps the world's only aircraft to do so as far as I have ever seen.

I'm intrigued by the black and white photo in post #2. Either it's a very clever fake, or someone at least mocked up an airborne dreadnought, complete with secondary sponson armament in addition to its two massive turrets.

And I can count at least 15 engines in the photo. I'm trying to picture the throttles.

If you Google Kalinin K-7 it will also show you the fantasy K-7 that is probably just a modern photoshop inspired by the K-7.
It looks like the fantasy K-7 has maybe 20 engines.

If such a monstrosity was ever built, it would probably have so much wake turbulence behind it, no one would be able to fly behind it long enough to shoot it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back