The term "under survey"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Versatile

Airman
Jun 3, 2005
I think i understand that this is when an aircraft was being inspected to determine it's further airworthiness. This was the term. When an AC failed the survey and was to be stricken off or what ever. What happened to it. I speak in regards to aircraft of The 6th AirForce in the Canal Zone. Would an aircraft stuck in unflyable condition at a remote field go"under survey". If said aircraft could not leave this remote airfield; then what did they do with the aircraft. Burn it? Bury it? or what?

I think i understand that this is when an aircraft was being inspected to determine it's further airworthiness. This was the term. When an AC failed the survey and was to be stricken off or what ever. What happened to it. I speak in regards to aircraft of The 6th AirForce in the Canal Zone. Would an aircraft stuck in unflyable condition at a remote field go"under survey". If said aircraft could not leave this remote airfield; then what did they do with the aircraft. Burn it? Bury it? or what?
It was disposed of by a method approved by the commander...

Thanks for the generic reply. Wouldn't that be the same as: Two crewmen are crashed in a remote spot. One says "how are they going to rescue us?"
Second one replies. "In a method approved by the commander"! LOL

Thanks for the generic reply. Wouldn't that be the same as: Two crewmen are crashed in a remote spot. One says "how are they going to rescue us?"
Second one replies. "In a method approved by the commander"! LOL

Welcome to the US Military!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back