The Vintage Aviator hangar, Masterton, NZ (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nuuumannn

Major
Oct 12, 2011
Nelson
Hi Guys,

I recently took the opportunity to visit The Vintage Aviator's hangar at Hood Aerodrome, where the aeroplanes are rather hemmed in, but make a pleasant afternoon admiring them at close quarters. In case you're wondering TVAL is one of film director Peter Jackson's wee enterprises and most of the aircraft are very cleverly and accurately reverse engineered from original drawings. A few of these machines are built from original frames, the Camel, Avro 504, the B.E.2f, but most are reproductions, or late productions, as they are pretty much identical to how the aeroplanes were built. If you are into making Great War models, Wingnut Wings is also courtesy of Peter Jackson and TVAL is the one-to-one scale arm!

Albatros D II;

Albatros%20D%20II_zps8vzhh5ty.jpg

Albatros D Va;

Albatros%20D%20Va_zpsqx2rs5x2.jpg

B.E.2c;

B.E.2c_zpsbcg7hp5l.jpg

B.E.2f;

B.E.2f_zpsws6yx6d5.jpg

B.E.12;

B.E.12_zpsstqm6kb6.jpg

Camel;

Camel_zps9udbgfnp.jpg

The One and Only Chitty Chitty Bang Bang;

Chitty%20Chitty%20Bang%20Bang_zpswm8iolfr.jpg

DH-4;

DH-4_zpshzkvqvj7.jpg

More in a minute...

Fantastic stuff.
As for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I've actually pushed that, and sat in it, back in about 1968 or '69, when it was on display in the store where I worked part-time, when I was a student.

Thanks guys.

Time for a bigger hangar Mr. Jackson.

That's only a portion of the aeroplanes; the guys there the day I visited said they really need a new hangar. In storage was a Bristol Fighter, another F.E2b, the ex-RAF Museum Hanriot, Pup, S.E.5as, R.E.8 etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back