this does not look good for Eagle editions ..........

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heck! That looks bad - I'm guessing that 'saw tooth' refers to the shape of the frontage of the fire? Here's hoping it can be controlled without too much loss, and my thoughts are with those in danger, especially the guys at the sharp end - the fire fighters.

Terry, I think "Sawtooth" is what they have named the fire (Like "Hurrican Leslie"). Is it just me or does the US seem to have more/bigger fires this year then normal?

I hope the folks in Montana stay safe and that the fire crews have success in knocking that down ASAP

Terry, usually a fire (or fire complex) is named after the location of the fire. It could be a town, a mountain, a stream or even a historic reference, like the location of a town that once existed in the past. One of the fires we had this past summer was named for a gold-mining town that was obliterated during Mt. Lassen's eruption in the early 1900's.

David, this fire season hasn't been as bad as 2008 or even 1987 (which was one of the worst I've ever seen)

Ugh, some parts of Montana can be real rugged terrain. Let's hope they can get this one contained and knocked down quickly. There is another one near the Idaho border that was about 200k acres last I looked (Mustang fire). It's been a very dry summer, so I would guess we'll have a few more of these before winter comes, sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back