This site does not work on my PC properly!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Flightpath

Airman 1st Class
Nov 16, 2007
Tranby, Norway
Hi,

I only frequent a few sites to do with my interests, all of them work at the correct speed except THIS great site. It is so painfully slow on my PC, that I just don't have the time to look at things that interest me or add posts about my collection...... can someone explain why or help me with this problem? (It would be my favorite site if it worked properly).

cheers,

-John

It has to be something on your end of the connection.

I use DSL and the pages load extremely fast but I also have a high processor speed, good cache size and great memory. I click on a page in this website and the page comes up immediatly with no long download times or anything like that, so I assure you that our Forum is working properly.

It could be any number of problems including:

1. System Configuration
2. Internet Connection
3. Internet Speed
4. Virus or Spamware

Don't forget the browser. It can be a major player in performance. I'm using Mozilla firefox, and works just fine. Further more you should cleanup your cookies.

Don't forget the browser. It can be a major player in performance. I'm using Mozilla firefox, and works just fine. Further more you should cleanup your cookies.

Yeap forgot about that.

I use Internet Explorer 7 and I have no problem with it either. Also my cookies are automatically deleted everyday and I do not allow most 3rd party cookies.

I also use IE7 once and a while. The main thing is that you should take care of the clutter in your system. Delete cookies when possible. IE7 and Mozilla both have a simple way of doing that.Only diadvantage is that you'll have to type your name and password again when logging on. Also, try to delete your browsing history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back