Throttle and trim? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Startiger

Airman
Sep 16, 2008
Visiting a small museum in central Italy I found tis item. Even the museum curator was unable to trace back the history. It's likely it is coming from a WW2 US aircraft; I think a single engine.
I had a quick sweep through my books but I was not lucky enough. Can anyone help me in understanding where is this item coming from?

Attachments

• aPA060017.JPG
    aPA060017.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Unfortunately no stencilling or placard was noticed!!!

Ive seen this before some where. Im not feeling the best today but will see what I can find. I dont think its from a mosquito.

In the meanwhile I made some research:
- cross checked with Mosquito pictures found surfing the web: seem quite different
- checked over some poor quality pictures of DH Vampire: seem more appropriate. The Vampire seems consistent with the plywood side; moreover the item is in a location close to the base airfiled of Italian Air Force Vampires
- Lavochkin seems 100% inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

BINGO!
It's a DH Vampire... the enclosed pictures, scanned from Scale Aircraft Modelling June 1992 issue, can clear the matter!
This A/C is a Vampire Mk I and was preserved at the Midland Air Museum near Coventry - UK - when Terence Marriott took the pictures.

Attachments

• DH Vampire cockpit-2.jpg
    DH Vampire cockpit-2.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Two images quickly scanned from the parts catalogue...

Attachments

• IMAGE0024a.JPG
    IMAGE0024a.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMAGE0022a.JPG
    IMAGE0022a.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back