Thunderbirds TV Series.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Graeme

1st Sergeant
May 31, 2007
Around four years ago there was a Star Wars display at the Power House Museum in Sydney where you could get very close to the original robot characters and spaceships seen in the movie and what struck me was what the modellers/constructors had used to 'stick' on the exterior of these props to make it look technical and purposeful from a distance. Some of it looked like leftover Airfix kits, kitchen objects, hardware and bits and pieces you would see in a workshop.

So when I was watching an episode of the Thunderbirds recently - I saw this scene...
(Yes, I do occasionally watch the odd episode of the Thunderbirds - even at my age!)

Thunderbird 1.jpg

On the back wall - is that an Orange/Lemon Juicer?

juicer.jpg

Very probably, and above it, is that a door bell push-button ?
Coincidence, as just last night my mate was talking about 'Thunderbirds', and we couldn't remember what 'F.A.B.' stood for, if anything.
Anyone know ?

I loved that show and Thunderbird 2 was my favorite!!

As far as bits and pieces on the props, yes, if a person knows what to look for, you can spot all sorts of things.

A good example would be from the original TV series: Battlestar Galactica.

The fighter used by the Cylon Empire, known as a "Raider" actually had a great deal of what appears to be parts from model tank kits.

Anyway, have a look and see how many bits you can identify! :lol:
Cylon_Raider.jpg

The thing I didn't get with the Cylon Raider was that it had a crew of three... I have to admit that I'm a big fan of the new Thunderbirds.

Thunderbirds and Fireball XL5 - my all time faves!

Always wonder about TB1's flight controls though!

scott.jpg

Is that the one which was eventually fitted to the Bf109, making it the best aircraft in the world, immune to faults or vices, that could shoot down more enemy aircraft than any other, out turn everything, and go faster, further, higher than any other type ?

And the Japanese prototype was carted across Asia, the Middle East, and North Africa by camels to Casablanca, where it was delivered to German agents right under Humphrey Bogart's nose!

Ah, yes. And then it was last seen being loaded aboard the latest Luftwaffe flying saucer (along with what looked like a number of crated Spitfires), and was last reported as having been spotted on the dark side of the moon, with Elvis alongside it, by a passing Voyager spaceship, I think on April 1st, 2013 .............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back