Tiger I, 75 Year!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well im at the other end. Whilst waiting for the tools to progress my latest GB (a 1/48 A6M), my young son and I spent a very enjoyable few days putting together an Italeri 1/72 scale Konigstiger. My son is 9 years old, and this was his first attempt at serious modelling. I did help him, a lot, but Alex (my son) prepped the parts and stuck most of them together. I did my best to show him how to file and sand parts fit them and glue them so as to not ruin the model with too much glue. I had to fit the tracks and the gun. We lost some parts so I fabricated replacements from brass mostly. I had to build an internal gun cradle as the kit supply was too weak (or I was too clumsy) and the plastic cradle broke during construction. I put quite a bit of lead ballast into the model to give it a metal like feel when you picked it up. I made the radio mast from stretched sprue.

despite all that, I like this little kit and both Alex and me had a real blast building it together

Aft side .jpg

front side  II.jpg

front side .jpg

Port side .jpg

stbd side .jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back