Tiger Moth and Messerschmitt BF 108/109 Expert needed (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

alice12345

Recruit
May 12, 2013
What materials,production processes, joining details and surface finishes are used in the Tiger Moth and Messerschmitt BF 108/109 undercarriage?

How did we get from Tiger Moth, Bf 108 and '109 undercarriage to the Mossie in 6 posts?! Oh well, any excuse to look at that Mossie again is a good one.

Hope to see her and the Anson 'in the flesh' if I ever move back!
You'll have to go to the US now Evan, the Mossie's over there now, although the second one is underway at Glynn Powell's. There'll be a flying Spit XIV waiting though. Sadly the Tempest (yes, Hawker Tempest II) has been put on hold since its owner died in a tragic plane crash a few weeks back. :(

Not much help for the original poster here guys. I'd like to try to get this back on track but am in a hurry to get to work.

Both the 109 and Tigermoth aircraft had metal landing gear struts but used different suspension methods. The 109 use an oleo leg, essentially an oil-filled piston with a torque link to keep the piston and lower assembly with the axle from turning around inside the cylindrical strut. The Tigermoth used a hinged frame with soem form of spring. Not too familiar with the 108 but I suspect similar to 109.

I will see if I can elaborate more tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back